CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN NIGERIAN LAW, SECURITY AND GOOD GOVERNANCE: ESSAYS IN HONOUR OF CHIEF WOLE OLANIPEKUN, SAN, OFR
The Book Publication Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, Ilorin Branch, in collaboration with the University of Ilorin, Kwara State University, Malete and Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, hereby invites papers for publication as Chapters in the Book with the captioned title in Honour of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN, OFR due for publication in the first quarter of 2019. Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN, OFR was the 6th Chairman of the NBA Ilorin Branch and past President of the Nigerian Bar Association.
The Learned Senior Advocate has contributed immensely to the jurisprudence of the Nigerian Legal System. He is a distinguished patron, philanthropist and one of the pillars of the Ilorin Bar who has contributed to the welfare of lawyers, particularly the young lawyers.
The publication welcomes contributions in diverse areas of Nigerian law, Security and Good Governance which identify current challenges and explore promising solutions. Papers for submissions may adopt empirical, doctrinal or theoretical approach or combination of any of these approaches.
The publication welcomes contributions in diverse areas of Law, Security and Good Governance including but not limited to:-
1. Contributions of Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN, OFR to the development of law in Nigeria
2. Theories and practice of Criminal Justice in Nigeria
3. Interdisciplinary study and discuss on Tax Law, Policy and Practice in Nigeria
4. Historical, sociological, political, psychological, financial and other dimensions of security in Nigeria
5. The jurisprudence of Rule of Law
6. Legal theoretical and rational basis of Taxation
7. State Powers and Limitation on respect for human rights
8. Interdisciplinary jurisdictional and international conflicts in humanitarian laws
9. Practice and Procedure of Election Petitions in Nigeria
10. Police and Security in Nigeria
11. Cyber Crime and Computer-generated Evidence
12. Regulatory Reforms in Commercial Transactions
13. Legal and Regulatory Policy on Nigerian Federalism
14. Fiscal Federalism, Revenue Allocation and Resource Control
15. Contemporary Issues in Independence of judiciary
16. Prison Reforms and Decongestion
17. Litigation, Procedures and Appeals
18. Conflicts in the Nigerian Criminal Laws
19. Corporate Governance and Corporate Shareholding
20. Criminal Liability of Corporate Bodies
21. Contemporary Issues in Restructuring of Nigeria Federalism
* Deadline for submission of Abstract and full Papers – October 20th 2018
* Notification of acceptance – December 19th 2018
* Publication Date – March 2019
#Papers for publication are to be submitted to the following e-mail addresses firstname.lastname@example.org; adimulabiola@gmail
#The full paper should not exceed 20 pages typed in 1.5 line spacing on an A4 size paper in Times New Roman font 12
#Papers must be submitted in Microsoft word – format in their final form, in correct British English
#Quotations, footnotes and references should be accurate and complete
#Authors must follow the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA)
#A brief biographical note of not more than 200 words to include full names of authors, academic and professional qualifications, affiliated institutions (if any) contact address, telephone numbers and email address of the author (s) should be provided on the first page of the manuscripts immediately below the title of the paper
#Submitted manuscripts should be original contribution and should not be under consideration by any other publication at the time.
#The writing style should be clear, lucid and devoid of jargon and colloquialisms. Manuscripts should be carefully checked for typographical or other errors
Authors may contact the Editor(s) for information on the status of their papers at any time before publication. Submission of paper for publication will be taken as consent to transfer copyright on such publication to the Nigerian Bar Association, Ilorin Branch where such paper has been found publishable. If the paper is found publishable, the Author(s) will not publish same elsewhere in the same form, either in English or in any other language, without consent of the editor. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter papers submitted for publication in line with the Editorial policy.
Y. D. U. Hambali, LLM (London) Ph.D (QUB Belfast) 08023099865, e-mail email@example.com
Biola Adimula LLM, Ph.D (Unilorin) 08034734901, e-mail adimulabiola@gmail
- For Book Publication Committee